This recipe is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy yakisoba noodles with plant-based protein. The tofu adds a satisfying chewiness, while the vegetables provide a variety of textures and flavors. This recipe is perfect for a vegan or vegetarian meal.
- 7.7 oz Fortune Yakisoba noodles
- 1 block firm tofu, pressed and sliced into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce (can substitute with vegan oyster sauce or hoisin sauce)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green onions, sliced (optional)
Step by Step
- Cook the Fortune yakisoba noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced tofu to the skillet and cook until browned and crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the tofu from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the sliced bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and broccoli. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for another minute or two, until fragrant.
- Add the cooked noodles, soy sauce, and oyster sauce to the skillet and toss to coat.
- Add the cooked tofu back to the skillet and toss to combine with the noodles and vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the vegan yakisoba noodles hot, garnished with sliced green onions if desired.
- You can add any other vegetables you like, such as snow peas, bean sprouts, or bok choy.
- If you like your stir fry spicy, you can add some red pepper flakes or Sriracha sauce to the sauce mixture.
- You can also add some toasted sesame seeds for extra flavor and texture.
- If you want to add more protein, you can add some edamame or chickpeas to the stir fry.
- If you can’t find vegan oyster sauce or hoisin sauce, you can make your own by mixing soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch.
- You can also use tempeh or seitan instead of tofu if you prefer.